Helping Children Cope with Divorce with Play Therapy
Parents often bring their child to Play Therapy to help them cope with their divorce. The therapist can be challenged to determine how best to meet the needs of the child in the context of parental conflict.
Join us to learn effective strategies to help structure your Play Therapy treatment to meet the needs of the child while also responding to the frequent reactivity of their parents.
After the workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Discuss the impact of divorce – including mediating factors – on children at various stages.
2. Discuss the importance of understanding the emotional experience of parents.
3. Identify primary tasks of parents which frequently need to be reinforced during parent sessions.
4. List 3 types of divorce and relationship to child treatment.
5. State 3 ways to minimize risk to the play therapist.
6. Demonstrate 3 play therapy techniques for providing psychoeducation about divorce.
7. Demonstrate 3 play therapy techniques to help children manage feelings resulting from divorce.
8. Demonstrate 3 play therapy techniques to help improve communication in the family.
6 Contact Play Therapy Credit Hours approved through the Association for Play Therapy.
APT Approved Provider 15-439
Presenters: Meg Clark Soriano, MA, LPC, ACS, RPT-S and Rachel Hutnick, MA, LPC, RPT
Training location: Center for Counseling and Education of Medford
66 North Main Street
Medford, NJ 08055
Dates will be posted soon!
Parking is available in the rear of the building.
To register download the Registration Form here: Helping-Children-Cope-with-Divorce-Seminar-Registration-Form
You may mail the completed registration form with a check to Center for Counseling and Education, 19 East Main Street, Marlton, NJ 08053
Email the completed registration form to email@example.com and submit payment by credit card here:
Link to the CFCENJ Payment Portal
Please enter Workshop code – Divorce2019
2019 dates will be posted soon!
To register: Call 609-714-8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the training can be emailed to Meg at email@example.com.
Cancellations must be received in writing (email is fine) 14 days prior to the training date to receive a refund. With advance notice, payment can be transferred to another person. Full refunds will be given if the training is canceled.