“Taming the Worry Monster – Play Therapy for Children with Anxiety”
Come learn effective ways to help anxious children! We will review assessment and case conceptualization using evidence-based approaches including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Exposure Response Prevention (ERP). Play Therapy interventions for assessment and treatment will be demonstrated and practiced. You will also learn strategies for helping parents reduce accommodations while staying connected to their child.
This experiential workshop will provide a framework for using play therapy with anxious children and teens. Many play therapy techniques will be demonstrated.
After the workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Define Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety, Separation Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and Specific Phobias.
2. Explain how avoidance increases anxiety and interferes with treatment.
3. Develop a treatment plan for a child with Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
4. Implement 5 play-based assessments for anxiety
5. Describe 3 play-based techniques to help children rate and track their anxiety.
6. Demonstrate 4 play therapy interventions to help children improve their emotional literacy.
7. Describe 3 play therapy techniques that can help children develop increased body awareness and ability to relax their bodies.
8. Describe 3 play therapy techniques that can help children with cognitive restructuring.
9. State 3 ways parents can participate in the treatment.
6 Contact Play Therapy Credit Hours approved through the Association for Play Therapy.
APT Approved Provider 15-439
Presenters: Meg Clark Soriano, MA, LPC, ACS, RPT-S and Rachel Hutnick, MA, LPC, RPT
Training location: Center for Counseling and Education of Medford
66 North Main Street
Medford, NJ 08055
To register download the Registration Form here: Taming-Seminar-Registration-Form
You may mail the completed registration form with a check to Center for Counseling and Education, 19 East Main Street, Marlton, NJ 08053
Email the completed registration form to email@example.com and submit payment by credit card here:
Link to the CFCENJ Payment Portal
Please enter Workshop code – Anxiety2019
2019 dates will be posted soon!
To register: Call 609-714-8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the training can be emailed to Meg at email@example.com.
Cancellations must be received in writing (email is fine) 14 days prior to the training date to receive a refund. With advance notice, payment can be transferred to another person. Full refunds will be given if the training is canceled.