Director: Meg Clark Soriano, MA, LPC, ACS, FAPA, RPT-S has enjoyed helping children, adults, and their families for over 30 years. She founded the Center for Counseling and Education, LLC in 1996.
Meg’s approach is compassionate and practical. While clients appreciate her warmth and down-to-earth style, Meg has extensive training in cutting-edge therapeutic modalities which offer consistent and often rapid improvements for clients. Her therapeutic style reflects a deep understanding of developmental and attachment theory within a systemic framework.
Meg is committed to creating a safe space where you feel respect, compassion and empathy without judgement. Taking a collaborative approach, Meg helps clients achieve the changes they desire.
Meg has a particular interest in strengthening families and relationships as most people long for meaningful and fulfilling connections. The latest science tells us that we are healthier, happier and more satisfied when our relationships are strong.
Meg teaches other therapists effective ways to work with children and has been an adjunct professor at Monmouth University in the School of Social Work.
She is a past President of the NJ Association for Play Therapy. In 2008, Meg was selected by her peers as “NJ Counselor of the Year.”
As the Director of the Center for Counseling and Education, LLC, Meg works closely with a team of highly qualified, licensed professionals to offer outstanding service to CFCE clients.
Meg is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). She received a BA in psychology and business from Rutgers University and a MA in Counseling and Human Development with a concentration in Marriage and Family Therapy from the University of Iowa in 1985.
Meg has continually sought training and consultation because she is committed to providing the most effective treatment for her clients. Meg believes that in order to provide the highest level of service, a therapist needs to stay current, continually update her skills, and participate in regular consultation and supervision.
- Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS)
- Certified EMDR Therapist and EMDRIA Approved Consultant
- Registered Play Therapy Supervisor (RPT-S)
- Graduate of the International Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foundation Adult, Pediatric, and Advanced Behavior Therapy Training Institute (IOCDF BTTI)
- Certified Attachment-Focused Family Therapist
- Certificate in Adoption Studies, Rutgers School of Social Work
- Certified Gestalt Therapist
- Diplomate and Fellow, American Psychotherapy Association
Expertise and advanced training in:
- Trauma Therapy
- Grief and loss
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Exposure-Response Prevention Therapy (ERP)
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP)
- Play Therapy
- Contextual Family Therapy
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
Meg enjoys hiking, cooking (especially for holiday gatherings), flea market shopping, traveling, and spending time with family and friends.
Fee: $210 for a 45 – 50 minute session ($250 for the initial appointment)
(NJ License 37PC00050000)
Location: 19 E Main Street, Marlton, NJ and Virtual