Common issues that you may be facing during this time:
- Struggling with identity development and understanding where you fit into this world.
- Understanding how to talk about your own experiences with your family/friends (while still also being accepted and affirmed)
- Needing support in navigating the systems of care that support you and your space in the LGBTQ+ community (Understanding your mental, physical, and emotional wellbeing outside of the home)
- Learning how to navigate through feelings of “otherness” and isolation.
- Exploring with a safe person feelings of suicidal thoughts or struggles with feeling helplessness
- Creating healthy and unhealthy relationships (romantic and platonic friendships).
- Navigating through bullying within the school setting.
Common issues families may face with their children:
- Understanding further what it means to be within the community as a parent of a child who is LGBTQ+.
- Understanding your own child’s experience within the LGBTQ+ community.
- Struggling with cultural, religious and personal beliefs that make it difficult to understand your child’s perspective.
CFCE and its staff recognize and deeply value the importance of providing inclusive and affirmative counseling services to people of all identities and offers opportunities for both individual and group therapy to individuals of all ages who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, intersex, or asexual members (LGBTQIA+) of our community.
CFCE specializes in creating a safe, affirmative space for clients to explore their identity and the many barriers and challenges that they are experiencing.