Play Therapy Training
APT Approved Provider 15-439
“Child-Centered Play Therapy in Practice”
12 Contact Play Therapy CEs
APT Approved Provider #15-439
This program is approved to provide 12 contact Play Therapy CEs
This course, Child-Centered Play Therapy in Practice, Approval #202381123-8, provided by CENTER FOR COUNSELING AND EDUCATION is approved for continuing education by the New Jersey Social Work Continuing Education Approval Collaborative, which is administered by NASW-NJ. CE Approval Collaborative Approval Period: Friday, August 11, 2023 through August 31, 2024. New Jersey social workers will receive 12 Clinical CE credits for participating in this course.
Join us for transformative training, where you will gain clarity, intentionality, and the ability to articulate the rationale behind your work. Through experiential practice and practical demonstrations, you will deepen your understanding of the WHY behind CCPT. When we know the “why”, we can confidently engage children and explain our approach to parents and professionals. Elevate your practice and take a deeper dive with us bridging the gap between theory and practice!
- Participants will be able to explain the historical origins of CCPT
- Participants will be able to list the three therapeutic conditions for growth in CCPT.
- Participants will be able to list three objectives of CCPT.
- Participants will be able to describe the four “Be With” attitudes in CCPT.
- Participants will be able to identify appropriate populations for the utilization of CCPT as a treatment modality.
- Participants will demonstrate how to use five facilitative skills.
- Participants will be able to list two considerations of playroom setup.
- Participants will be able to identify the three categories of CCPT toys.
- Participants will be able to identify three considerations of diverse representation in toy selection.
- Participants will be able to explain the benefits of CCPT.
- Participants will be able to explain the difference between play themes and play behaviors.
- Participants will be able to list two possible topics to discuss in caregiver sessions.
Registration fee: $400
Registration may be canceled with a full refund (minus credit card processing fees) by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with this request a minimum of 30 days prior to Day 1 of the workshop (11/03/23).