Center for Counseling and Education is hiring!
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Position Overview: Center for Counseling and Education (CFCE) is seeking a PART-TIME Administrative Assistant. Administrative Assistant will work 25 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 2 pm – 7 pm, supporting the front and back end of our business, including scheduling client calls, billing, client support, and ensuring our staff is supported. The position has the potential to grow to full-time.
NOTE regarding COVID: The safety of our employees is our priority. Until it is safer, most of our therapists are working virtually. This position requires in office work. Administrative staff hours are staggered so that only one person is working in the office at a time with minimal face-to-face contact with others.
About Center for Counseling and Education: Here at CFCE, we believe in creating the best atmosphere for our clients and employees and giving back to our community. Our mission is to help members of our communities reconnect with the things that are truly important and thrive, both in their own lives and in their relationships. Our vision is towards a caring, connected community where everyone can be the best version of themselves. We aim to reduce the stigma around mental health treatment by promoting awareness and providing effective, down to earth clinical services. We are a fun, dynamic, and collaborative team that values working collaboratively and helping improve the health and wellness of our communities.
Our Values: Center for Counseling and Education lives by values that guide who we are as a team and how we present to our communities. We hire staff who bring these values to life.
We believe that people who have secure, positive connections with others lead healthier and happier lives. We strive to help our clients build strong and meaningful relationships.
We believe that the bonds we create within our CFCE family improve our lives personally and professionally. Our collaboration with and support for one another enables us to do our best work and have a greater positive impact.
We believe that maintaining strong relationships with community liaisons serves our vision to destigmatize mental health treatment.
We believe that staying up to date on the most effective treatments is critical to provide outstanding service for our clients. We invest in training for our clinicians so that they can do their best work. We provide many opportunities for case consultation, supervision, and support for our clinicians.
We believe that our clients deserve an exceptional experience from the first contact to the end of treatment and beyond.
We believe that everyone deserves excellent, compassionate, and non-judgmental care. We strive to hire clinicians of various backgrounds, beliefs, and specialties which helps all of us grow, as well as meeting the needs of more clients.
We believe in actively promoting inclusion, affirmative care, and anti-racism within our practice.
We believe it is important to promote wellness in our community. We offer free workshops, sponsor community events, engage in outreach, and offer a number of reduced fee sessions. Providing informative presentations for local school staff and others allows us to reach more people.
CFCE is an LGBTQ+ affirming practice.
Reports to: Office Manager
- Manage calls from clients and keep the information updated within our confidential google drive.
- Manage intake paperwork collection and ensure EHR files are accurate.
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment and office appearance.
- Regular and reliable attendance and timely arrival to work are required.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and training as directed by the Center for Counseling and Education.
- Passion for working with others (being collaborative) and helping our team members grow and learn.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Align with the Center for Counseling and Education’s mission, vision, and values.
- Must be punctual in reporting to work.
- Be organized and detail-oriented.
- Be a team player.
- Be able to work independently on tasks assigned.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in using Google sheets, docs, forms, and drive
- Ability to use Microsoft Publisher to create flyers preferred.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Aligned with the Center for Counseling and Education’s mission, vision, and values.
- Energized by helping others on a team and contributing to the growth of Center for Counseling and Education.
- Social justice oriented.
- Creative, engaged in doing good work and excited by furthering our mission to provide compassionate and effective clinical services.
- Someone who has good customer service skills.
- Someone who has a knack for creating client satisfaction.
- Someone who’s organized.
- Able to receive and benefit from direct and constructive feedback.
Salary: $16 per hour
- Sick time
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Amazing team environment
- Opportunities for growth
We also require three professional references and a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.